Monday, March 26, 2012

Ricardo Seco Fashion Show featuring The Low Hand










my favorite look! 























photos by ASH FOX

Last month, my friends from the band, The Low Hand invited me to attend a fashion show they were playing at Exit Art for the designer, Ricardo Seco. I was unfamiliar with Ricardo Seco's designs before the show, but he made me a believer!

The show conjured my all-time favorite menswear sensibilities, the elegance of 1960s French actors Alain Delon and Jean-Paul Belmondo, combined with the grit and swagger of late 90s bad boys, Vincent Gallo in Buffalo 66 and Scott Weiland’s look from 96-02'. Each look was clean and minimal colored in the iconic advertising palette of black, white, red, and gray. Still there were interesting details, like the pop of red on the driving gloves, both baleful and sexy, like a Hitchcock villain. 

The Low Hand brought their all-American rock n’ roll sound to the show playing two of my favorites, "Long Way Down" and "Idle Watching". They were dressed by the designer, looking handsome as ever. The songs were the perfect soundtrack. Having a new, cool, young band play their original songs live, really adds a special touch. Live fashion should always have live music. Bravo Ricardo Seco and thanks again to The Low Hand for inviting me! 


Check out: http://www.facebook.com/TheLowHand
Click here for images from the full collection 

5 comments:

  1. so great collection and photos:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Ricardo Seco but from your pictures it seems that his work is very interesting.

    www.escuestiondestilo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOlutely great fashion show dear!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!
    Check out my blog and if you feel like drinking a sip of ABSOstyle with me, we could followed each other by GFC + Bloglovin’ … ;) I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    ABSOkisses!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great photo and a nice fashion show for men. Ricardo Seco's designs are awesome and the models look elegant wearing those clothes. It is beautiful collection that I must say the men will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning picture, gorgeous!!
    I like Your new design Jackets!! awesome and new products...

    ReplyDelete